Thursday, January 9, 2020

Fallacy Skit AP Writing 1/9/2020

Today we discuss the different Fallacy in writing. We did a skit and I can say it was one of the things that I will always remember in this class. Our group had the responsibility of making a skit using “Missing the Point” and “Weak Analogy”. When we were in our groups we had fun making up our skit for “Missing the Point.” We came up with the idea of cheating for the skit. The idea of cheating cane from “Missing the Point” means to come to a conclusion of the argument but it is not the authors conclusion for the argument. When most people cheat they miss the point. It also plays a part in Red Herring which is to distract the audience from the main topic of an argument. When we were acting out the play I was nervous but we got it done and the audience was able to catch on. Doing this skit helped me out because I was confused on the concepts of Fallacy. I was able to put the concept to real life situations and get to fully understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/21/2020

We created conclusions. We were given a Thatcher handout to review am to help create the thesis.